Faculty & Staff - Yiming Feng, Ph.D.
Yiming Feng, Ph.D.
Food structure characterization, Hydrocolloids & emulsions, Food waste valorization, Food material sciences, Food processing engineering
- Postdoctoral training: Department of Food Science and Technology, Virginia Tech, 2018 - 2020
- Ph.D. Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2018
- B.S. Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013
Recent year teaching assignments:
- FSN 204 (Food Processing Operations)
- FSN 474 (Advanced Food Processing)
Research and professional interests:
- Deciphering complex food structures by advanced characterization techniques and simulation tools
- Develop food products/ingredients with reduced sodium, fat, and sugar
- Valorization of food wastes and by-products for value-added products
- Develop precise processing strategies to finely control and tune targeting food structures